Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Fourth everybody!

So first of all--Jim passed his second test! Yay; only one more to go. He took that on Tuesday and on Wednesday night we left for California for the Fourth of July weekend. We drove down with Adam, Eric, and Robbie so the car was pretty crowded, but it sure made paying for gas nicer! I've decided that these long drives are not a lot of fun when you're pregnant...somehow I keep thinking they'll get better, but they never really do :)

We finally got to the Highams (the original house!) and I have to say, walking in was crazy! The first summer I met Jimmy his parents were already on their mission, but his sisters (and co.) were living there...so I spent a lot of time there. It was so fun seeing the house again and reliving memories!

We spent most of the weekend just hanging out with family and trying to help them move in. The California families had already done a ton and the Highams had been home a week already, so it was just organizing all the little stuff--so not much for us to do. But we did manage to go through Jim's three boxes of stuff in storage and get it down to one box. (We also went over to my house and did mine)

Thursday night we spent with my family--and my parents took me shopping for maternity clothes! It was so great, and I feel a lot cuter. One of my favorite pieces was the bathing suit they bought for me--it is totally adorable! And I got lots of compliments at the beach the next day!

Speaking of, we spent the Fourth at the beach and managed to avoid getting totally fried (although we're both a little pink). It was a beautiful day at the beach and wasn't too warm, so I was really grateful! It was so fun watching and playing with all the kids--and the babies are so cute! And getting so big so fast! I couldn't believe it. The fourth was also Mikey's birthday--he's 13!

Sunday we had an amazing dinner with the whole family and then we took off for the long drive back to Provo (sans Eric this time though). We pulled in on Monday morning about 6am, and promptly went to bed. We loved our weekend and are so excited to go back in August and see everyone!

No comments: