Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eclairs!































Jim and I were just called to the ward activities committee, and our first activity was this weekend--A Valentine's Dinner/Dance. It was "A Night in Paris" and the committee asked us to make 80 eclairs for the dessert. Wow, what a project. I spent most of the week stalling by reading every eclair recipe I could find and tips on how to make them easier and faster, but still yummy. My biggest challenge was that I don't particularly like eclairs and so it's hard for me to know how they should taste since I haven't ever really had ones I like. But Jimmy and I spent all day Saturday (i kind of hate admitting that we had the time for this) making and putting them together. We used the Betty Crocker cream puff recipe, and for the cream and chocolate glaze we used a recipe I found on "The Basic Loaf," a foodie blog. They turned out really well and we were very proud of our work. It was quite the process but we actually had a pretty good time making them. Thank goodness we have two ovens and lots of counter space though!

3 comments:

Fawn said...

Wish we could have been there to help you taste test them! We would have been happy to do that for you! Tori's too cute! Hope you get some sleep. We're pretty impressed!

Victoria said...

HOLY COW! Do you even KNOW how much I love eclairs? I love them almost as much as those meringue things that your mom makes... mmmm, eclairs, mmm, meringues...I think I need a snack.

Heather O said...

Those look sooo good and like a ton of work! Thanks now I am craving eclairs or cream puffs, either would do. :)