Friday, April 1, 2011

More March happenings....

Just a few other fun happenings in March....

We started Riley on solids. She's such a happy baby, but I got the feeling she was ready for some more substantial food. She did well after a couple false starts, and the day she really started to understand she could open her mouth for more food was a good day for us. Before she would look at me expectantly, but keep her mouth closed! But I think we're starting to get it now.



One morning I woke up and Tori had pink all over her cheeks. I immediately check my bathroom to see if my makeup drawers were open, but everything looked okay in there. Still in bed, I called Tori over to find out what was going on. Turns out she had found one of my strawberry-flavored chapsticks and had done "blush" on her cheeks! She kept saying "pretty cheeks; pretty makeup" and I had to take a picture before I took it off. Luckily, it was contained just to her face so the cleanup wasn't too bad. At first I thought that it was just a one-time thing--we talked about how she broke Mommy's chapstick, and she seemed to get that we don't do that. I figured that it was worth the extra sleep I had gotten that morning. Until a couple days later, when I caught her with another chapstick (I have them all over the house), trying to make Riley's cheeks "pretty." That was the end of leaving the chapstick where she could find it!


We go to storytime at the library every week, and lately Tori has taken to reading stories to Riley--if she's in the right mood. And of course, in her dress.



We went to see Tangled at the dollar theatre, and Tori is still talking about the "big movie" that she got to see. She loved it, although she almost fell asleep towards the end. Sitting for an hour and a half, on the other hand, wasn't really her thing. Riley also seemed to do really well. Yay!




2 comments:

Kayley said...

Your girls are the cutest! I find Glenn trying to put on my makeup too...thankfully its just the applicators and not the real thing! :D

Fawn said...

oh, I so miss hearing about the Higham family!!!