Friday, April 1, 2011

President's Day Weekend

Over President's Day the Penrods came into town and we went to stay with them at a cabin in Heber. I don't have all the pictures yet, so maybe I'll come back and add more when I get them all (yeah right!), but at least this will give you an idea of the weekend. Christi and the girls drove up with my mom and grandma on Thursday night, and then Jim joined us after his classes on Friday. It was really nice to get away and we enjoyed the beautiful cabin (we had stayed there before with the Penrods). We had a lot of fun catching up with the family, and of course we loved the puzzles, good food, warm fires, movie nights, music time, and the cozy surroundings. Unfortunately, there was no skiing for us on this trip--Dad had homework, Mom still felt a little sick--but everyone loved being there. And the girls were just fawned over :)
We went to the Dairy Keen in Heber--it was a lot of fun, with trains going all around the restaurant and lots of fun things to see. And of course, it tasted great. They have fantastic shakes! I highly recommend the chocolate marshmallow. The Best.








Sunday night we had a great dinner of tri-tip, asparagus (with hollandaise, yum!), rolls, potatoes, and salad. Soo good.


I may have failed at making our Valentine's dessert, but Mom came through and we ended up having Cherry Berries on a Cloud after all this year! Yummy!



This puzzle was crazy.
The morning everyone went skiing.


Thanks for a great weekend!

No comments: