Sunday, May 22, 2011

After the procedure....

On Thursday (4-7) Christi was still in significant pain. I called the nurse and she said to just keep managing it the best we could. They told us we should cap the bag. She hardly drank or ate for the next two days. Kris came to visit for about an hour. She was on the way to the Relax the Back Store and had planned on staying longer but Brittany lost her job and she was needed at home. It's been nice to be able to talk with her and see her even though it's been crazy with all Christi's stuff! On Friday I nursed Christi and deep cleaned the house. It snowed all days.

On Saturday Christi slept and was still on Percocet. She couldn't eat much but did drink some. Jim took the girls to Provo where Debbie and Becky watched them during his study session. I was able to attend Annie's Ballroom Dance show in the Marriott called Imagine. I attended the 2:00 show and picked up Alicia on the way. We had great seats and I was able to record her dance on my iphone. It was so fun and it just flew by! We got to talk to her afterwards too! I was able to meet her coach afterwards and she had only great things to say about Annie. I was in awe watching her dance. It was a little dicey driving since it was snowing and raining all day. I missed my jacket!

When I got home we had Beef Stroganoff and got ready for church the next day. I put Tori in curlers again (she's so good, doesn't complain at all and helps me with the curlers!). I was so worried about Christi and decided it might be the pain meds that were making her so ill. We called the hospital and switched to Tramadol which was not supposed to be as strong as Percocet. I was really hopeful that weaning her off the pain meds might help her nausea.

No comments: