Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye






We spent Wednesday deep cleaning Christi's house. We did bathrooms, vacuumed, dusted, mopped, cleaned out the refrigerator, put away laundry, etc. Corinne was still recovering from the stomach flu which came on strongly on Tuesday. She started throwing up in the late afternoon and after about three times I told Carey I thought we should take her to the urgent care. I was worried that she was dehydrated and also knew we shouldn't get Christi or her girls sick. We quarantined Corinne to the living room and she ended up getting an anti-nausea shot and using the rest of Christi's pills for the next few days. Carey was good and got up every couple of hours through the night to check on Corinne and make sure she took her pills on time. She couldn't eat much or drink much more than ice chips, but at least she wasn't constantly throwing up. Thankfully no one else got sick.

We tried to get as much done for Christi as we could as we were leaving the next morning. Carey and I took my rental car back and turned it in late in the day. We stopped to get fast food on the way home but everyone wanted something different! We tried 5 guys, Chipotle, Cafe Rio and Carl's Jr. It was a little crazy for sure! Christi and Jim surprised me with a nice card and a fun cupcake necklace. Christi was tricky and went on an errand with Annie the day before and I suspected nothing. I shed a few tears knowing I was going to be leaving--mostly because I was going to miss them but also because I was still worried about Christi and hoping she was going to be able to handle things.

Okay--the end of Mom's fabulous blogging!

The next day went okay--Mom got up with me very early in the morning for my MRI, which was fine. Several days later when I called on it and on the bloodwork I had had done earlier that week I learned that everything looked really good. I I had help from the ward members if I needed it, but we managed. We did ask the Relief Society to bring in dinner, which was great because it made the day so much easier. We basically watched movies and played and read lots of books. Still, I was incredibly sore and tired at the end of the day. It was strange for all of us to not have Grandma around. Tori kept going downstairs to Grandma's room and coming to tell me "no Grandma?" Luckily we were headed to California in a couple weekends, so it was more "we'll see her soon" than "yes, she's gone." Still, we all missed her very much! (And Annie and Erin who headed home as well for the weekend!)

No comments: